Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stuff

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stuff
Current mood: adventurous
Category: Blogging
I found the "post new blog" button on my myspace page again!

It's been SO long.

I have this thing that I do where I wonder who really wants to know about what's going on in my world anyway which results in Blog Silence which is then followed by me writing (typing actually) extremely long sentences void of punctuation that you have to read twice to get what I was trying to say in the first place.
I'm taking medicine for it though.

So......
I'm headed to Pittsburgh, PA on Saturday to play (open) a show with the talented and gracious Indigo Girls at the Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead on Sunday. I reconnected with the Girls this past year on Cayamo and I'm really looking forward to playing and seeing them play. Their new record is badass.

After that I'm off to a river house near the Chatahoochee River to write and record for a new David Ryan Harris record. (I know that last sentence seems like I was talking about myself in third person, but David Ryan Harris didn't really see any way around it). I have every intention of filming some of it so that you can see the progress, but don't hold me to it. There's something weird about taping yourself when you're all alone........at least that what David says.

I'm gonna take a break from my self imposed writing exile to play The Loft in lovely Midtown TheAttle (Rhymes with Seattle). I like saying "TheAtlle" more than "The A-T-L". Try it.
Again.
Cool, huh?
You can use it if you like (and I know you do).
Anyway, that show is on Friday The 26th at 8:30. I'll be joined by JJ Johnson on drums and Sean Hurley on bass. Good times.

After that.....the three of us are heading to Fort Benning to play a show with Edwin McCain for the troops and anyone close enough to hear it.

After THAT, I'm back to Los Angeles and reprising my residency at Hotel Cafe on Wednesdays in July.

I don't really know what happens after that, but if the medicine works, I'll let you know what's on my schedule as soon as I find out.

peace.
DRH

I went link crazy.

Currently listening:
Momofuku
By Elvis Costello & the Imposters
Release date: 2008-05-06
5:51 AM
24 Comments
12 Kudos

Source: myspace.com/davidryanharris