Sunday, August 26, 2007

DRH - IK Multimedia 7/30/07



“Getting A Real World Tone In A Virtual World”
David Ryan Harris, guitarist for John Mayer, on the new AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™

Armed with a voice that falls somewhere between Stevie Wonder and Donny Hathaway, David has been searching for the truth in music. His songwriting combines beautiful haunting melodies with sharp storytelling and guitar playing that is blues influenced and rock sharpened. It's this combination of tremendous talent and devotion to the truth that immediately connects him to an audience. David has worked with numerous artists from Dave Matthews to jazz singer Cassandra Wilson, from Widespread Panic to Santana, and Dionne Farris.

Currently David is touring with John Mayer. Read what David thinks about AmpliTube Jimi Henrdrix™ and the cruel joke his cousin told him.

"I had been playing guitar for about a year before I actually went and bought the JHE Smash Hits. I was actually afraid to listen to Hendrix because a cousin of mine (as a cruel joke) had told me that Jimi thought he was possessed by the devil. Anyway, I bought the record and was transfixed by everything about it. I love so many of Jimi's songs especially 'All Along The Watchtower' because it shows so many sides of his playing. I checked out the presets, just to get the points of reference. My actual guitar rig contains a lot of the elements that are in the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, so it's been a real life saver to now be able to get a tone that is close to my 'real world' tone in the virtual world. My favorite presets are 'Love or Confusion' and 'Have You Ever Been (To Electricladyland)' because they're both great emulations of the originals, plus they're good starting points to tweak from." ~David Ryan Harris


Do you wanna be experienced? Check out the new AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ today!

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
2007-07-30


Source: IKMultimedia.com